Errors and warnings during payroll register uploads
Payroll register file dos and don’ts
- Update your pay period start and end dates in each payroll register
- Be sure your payroll start and end dates don’t overlap
- Confirm that all date fields are entered in YYYY-MM-DD format
- Include two decimal points in your contribution columns
- Include both member and employer matching amounts, if applicable
- Update or paste over the column headers
- Include formulas or cell references in your file
- Use negative values. If you’ve entered these by mistake, please contact us for help with making corrections.
- Leave any empty rows in your file or include an employee without a contribution
Errors and warnings
If your file contains an error, an error message will appear in red. You’ll need to cancel your upload, resolve the error in your file, and submit the file again.
Common errors include:
Your file is missing an email address, first name, or last name
An email is already in use in our system (with your company or another partner)
If your file contains a warning, a warning will appear in orange. You can still submit the file, but we recommend reviewing it to fix any issues.
Common warnings include:
Name field is longer than 48 characters
You have already processed a payroll register for this period
Earnings validations and thresholds
Date of birth validations