How to make catch-up payment or retroactive adjustments
To make lump sum catch-up payments or retroactive adjustments, submit a payroll register updated for these contributions. The amounts can be added to your regular payroll cycle contributions or a separate payroll register can be submitted.
Dos and don’ts
- If you are submitting a separate payroll register for the catch-up or retroactive contributions, use a different ‘pay period start date’. For example, if your pay period start date is normally the 15th of every month, use another start date.
- Use the same ‘pay period end date’ as you would for your normal payroll cycle reporting. For example, if the pay period end date is normally the last day of the month, use that date.
- Override any warning message regarding pay period dates and the dollar amounts.
- Do not report the contributions if you are unsure whether the employee has the available RRSP/TFSA contribution room.
- Do not report a payroll register with the same pay period start and end date.
Please contact the Customer Success team for support.